Sunday, August 9, 2009

Twelve Sky 2: Are You Playing?

twelvesky2_wallpaper_03
I downloaded Twelve Sky 2 last night cuz my dentist (who’s a hardcore RF player) recommended it. Twelve Sky 2 is still in pre-beta so I was kinda expecting bugs and crashes.

The download anyway was so slow. I just know it wasn’t my internet connection cuz I could download in a much, much faster speed in other sites. So I waited for like 4 hours for the 2 gigabyte download, and installed it afterwards. The patch was equally slow but I decided to wait since I really wanted to play the game.

What I also liked about Twelve Sky 2 is that it runs on a fairly slow computer. I could even use my old computer I set up in the dining to play the game based on the recommended hardware requirements they have up at the download page.

Anyway, I was patching the game this morning when my Avira antivirus got mad. LOL! Avira reads TwelveSky2.exe as a trojan! I ok’d on the “Deny Access” option which was default on Avira pop-ups, but gah the process deleted the exe file.

After that, I did a reinstall (without uninstalling) but the exe file was still missing. So uninstall the game, I did. And before reinstalling it, I put “TwelveSky2.exe” in the ignore list of both the “scan” and “guard” options of Avira.

Well, now I can play the game fairly smooth. I’m just half-worried that the exe file is really a trojan! Haha what it’d do to my whole (virtual) life if it damages my files!

But anyway, I’m pretty sure it’s not. And besides, I’m playing the pre-beta just to get the feel of the game so I could play (hopefully) hardcore when it gets commercial.

Are you playing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Pinoy Gamer. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes | Free Icons | wordpress theme
Wordpress Themes. Blogger Templates by Blogger Templates and Blogger Templates